Switching jobs can raise pay in flexible work, too
- Hourly pay for flexible workers who have been active on the Instawork platform changed by less than the national average
- Workers who switched roles and/or industries attained higher hourly pay rates
- Increases were especially high for workers switching into industries with labor shortages
Employee Spotlight: Jesus Hernandez, Recruiting Coordinator
Our mission at Instawork is to create economic opportunities for local businesses and professionals, globally. In order to achieve that mission, we have built a team composed of talented and hard-working individuals who are passionate about connecting skilled hourly professionals with local businesses who need their services.
5 ways to make holiday staffing easier for your business
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for many businesses, but keeping up with staffing needs can be challenging. Even with a possible recession looming, businesses need qualified and reliable workers to help them navigate the seasonal surge that will generate over $1 trillion in retail and consumer products by the end of the year.
Long commutes or internal migration for flexible workers?
- Flexible workers are mobile, and a significant share of them cross state lines to work
- Major metropolitan areas in the Northeast have started to recoup flexible workers
- Rising pay against a backdrop of high inflation may be motivating the trend
Monthly Labor Market Report - October 2022
Every day, the Instawork platform handles thousands of transactions involving businesses and hourly professionals, generating a huge amount of data on hourly pay as well as other aspects of the labor market. This report summarizes some of the major trends in demographics, roles, and worker constraints in regions across the United States.
How to use flexible work in Nashville this festive season
Tennessee legend Dolly Parton famously sang about “workin’ 9 to 5” and the daily grind of trying to make a living and “barely gettin’ by.”
And Dolly wasn’t even dealing with inflation, insane housing prices, or the sky high cost of holiday festivities!
Has the music stopped in Nashville's job market?
The Nashville metropolitan area currently has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. Job growth is strong at both ends of the value chain, in raw materials and professional industries. Logistics and related trades have also been expanding. But the sector that Nashville has relied on for decades to make its name – leisure and hospitality – may be starting to fade from the limelight.
5 ways to earn extra money during the holidays
‘Tis the season for breaking the bank! We’ve all seen how expensive things are recently and these increased costs heading into the holidays can create a lot of stress. You may be trying to figure out how you’re going to pay for it all - hosting Thanksgiving dinner, visiting Grandma to exchange gifts, or taking that much needed end-of-year vacation.
These are the hottest shifts for flexible work during the holidays
- Shifts in customer-facing hospitality roles filled up exceptionally quickly during the holiday season last year
- Hourly pay rates actually fell for many of the same roles, again suggesting they were easy to fill
- Shifts in other roles were harder to fill during the holidays, and pay rates rose for many of them